Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Bye Bye Wisdom Teeth

So last Friday Brett had to have his wisdom teeth pulled. He is not a fan of the dentist and had to be put to sleep. He was not happy, but in a lot of pain and had to have it done. I waited while he underwent surgery and when he was waking up, they called me back into the room he was recovering in.




Most of you know how funny Brett is, but I don't think anyone but me has been around when he is coming out of the anesthesia. Let me tell you, I was laughing so hard I was crying. The different nurses kept poking their head's into the room to make sure everything was OK. I'm not sure that they are used to hysterical laughter in a recovery room!




As he was waking up, he was telling me how nice the doctor was and how cute the nurses were! I didn't take offense to this as the first thing he said when I came into the room was " I want a kiss! " while pointing at what he thought was his lips but because he was still numb, ended up being more or less his chin. The whole time that the anesthesia was still strong, he made me laugh uncontrollably! His doctor did pop his head into the room to tell me that Brett was not responsible for anything that he said right now, that he was more or less " Drunk ". I truly enjoyed him in this condition!




Although our holiday weekend was not too exciting because of his recovery, I still managed to get him to eat and stay fairly pain free, thanks to the vicodin extra strength of course! We slept in Brett's new tent that he got for his birthday, had some fires and played some baseball with the kid's. Now that those teeth are long gone, Brett is wondering " When is the tooth fairy coming?"









No comments: