Monday, April 14, 2008

An important blog update for Grandma Judy


So, Grandma Judy called to check in on all of us last night. She wanted to know what was new and exciting. I told her that I had something new, but not so exciting. Brandon has pneumonia. Poor kid, he was lucky enough to have a snow day on Friday, and he was almost admitted to the hospital. Both of my boy's have problems with breathing and asthma, but I have never been so scared that my child was actually going to be admitted to the hospital! Had Brett and I bypassed the doctor appointment and just went to the emergency room instead, I gurrantee that he would have been admitted to the hospital and he would probably still be there today!

He is finally feeling better, still not breathing so great. I am finally sure that he no longer needs to go to the hospital anymore. Friday night was pretty touch and go, I watched him sleep all night, making sure that he was still breathing. ( I'm sure all mother's reading & even some father's too can all relate to this feeling! ) It was the first time we've had the kid's to the doctor and were able to say that they were absolutely not exposed to second hand smoke as it has been over three month's now that Brett and I have quit smoking! Only problem is every time I am stressed out ( most of the time ) or upset, I really still want one! I have not had a single cigarette since our quit day! Brett either! As I've mentioned before, neither one of us wants to be the first to give in... so we are both still fighting the feeling!

Let's see, anything else? Brandon has decided that he wants to be in the band next year. His instrument of choice: Trombone. The boy's will be able to play duet's someday! Two brass instruments that need nightly practice... What was I thinking? :)

No comments: