Monday, April 21, 2008

Pneumonia update

So here is another pneumonia update on Brandon. It is a little late, but we usually are right? :)

Last Tuesday Brett felt that Brandon was ready to go back to school. With both of the boy's being home from school the previous Friday for a snow day, and then all weekend long, plus Monday, Dad was more than ready to have his house back alone during the weekdays. So, with Andrew already off to school, Brandon and I started getting ready, him for school, me for work.


With Brandon dressed and waiting for the bus, I watched how winded and out of breath he was just from walking from the living room to the bathroom. As a mother, I was not ready to let my child go to school and have to worry all day long weather or not he was breathing OK. I tried to wake Brett as he had just got home from work at 6:30 am that morning, and he was already deep in sleep, not waking for the three times I tried. So I made the executive decision that Brandon had to stay home again and go to the doctor.


When we got to the doctor, which was not the same one he had seen on Friday as she was off for the day, she was really kind of panicked at how bad Brandon still sounded. In fact, she was wondering if he was worse than on Friday. I told her that he was definitely not worse, but still not as good as I felt he should be after finishing his antibiotics and his steroids. ( The kind to reduce inflammation, not the kind that wrestlers use to bulk up )


To make a long story short, ( a little late for that now I know, bare with me ) she put pulled Brandon out of school for the rest of the week out of gym and recess when he does return to school the next week, and she put him on more antibiotics and more steroids and more asthma medication's that he had not had to take in over a year. He has to be rechecked again on Wednesday the 23rd.


Andrew in the meantime, not to be left out or outdone developed an icky sty in his eye...

I love my sick children!!!

No comments: